For a quick and each crossing, use the Eurotunnel le shuttle. The Channel Crossing from Calais Coquelles, just 4 llsfglmiles South of Calais, runs up to 53 times daily and takes just 35 minutes. The Eurotunnel Calais Passenger Terminal has all the modern facilities you would expect and with 11 shops, restaurants and the usual facilities there’s something for everyone.
Taking your car to the Continent offers you flexibility and complete travel freedom, you’re in control. Le shuttle is the most rapid cross-channel operator, with up to 4 crossings every hour. You arrive on in France or the UK faster than it takes to read a few pages. There are special fare rates for day and overnight trips and short stays as well as flexipasses and frequent user benefits. You receive extra savings when you plan ahead and cross at off-peak times.
Arrival and departure is via easy motorway to motorway access. One ticket covers 1 car and up to 9 passengers. There are no baggage restrictions so sports or camping equipment can easily be stowed away and on top of that, there are no fuel supplements.
If you arrive early in Calais, there’s lots to see and do: The citadel, the place d’Armes, the watch tower, the rue Royale, Notre Dame Church, the lighthouse. Or, just walk around and enjoy the Six Burghers, the Remembrance Monument, the Parc Saint Pierre with the War museum, the central station, the Minerva Bas Relief, the old Post office, the Rue Royale, the Shadow of Lady Hamilton, the Citadel, the Bassin de Paradis.
Routes and Itineraries:
Calais <> Folkestone – 55 Crossings daily – 35 minutesWhen to Book:
You’re best option is to book now … or at least very soon, when your travel plans are confirmed, even if you don’t have all your final destination reservation shored up. Here’s why:
How to easily and safely book your tickets:
- Ferry prices rise as affluent periods get closer. These passenger funnels take place during weekends, general and school holidays and especially summer vacation.
- Not only do prices rise but scarcity also comes into play. July and August are high season-book these months as soon as possible. Then come June and September.
- Mid-week and night-time (added cost of a cabin if you need one, but that replaces a hotel room) are good choices to keep the cost lower. And keep an out for early bird and other special offers that the Ferry companies frequently offer.
- Make sure you have a reservation at the time you want to travel.
- Another factor to keep in mind, valid for prices and scarcity is the time of day you’re traveling.
The easiest way to book your cross-channel ferry crossing is via the official secure website established for this purpose. All the Book Now and other links to purchase ferry tickets on BonjourLaFrance will direct you to the major ticket provider for your country. You can be assured of a secure online reservation and ticket purchase. Over 2,5 million people have trusted and been satisfied by their sales and after-sales service. You will be too.Where to Book your Tickets and Reservations:
Book with our partner who has years of reliable online experience. Tickets are handled worldwide and client service is very responsive.Don't Miss These:
Rave About It